01 June 2011

Marking the Beginning

Let's go to Vegas this weekend. That was the text I sent Matthew yesterday afternoon after unsuccessful dealings with choosing a date, finding a church, nailing down a location for the reception and capturing a photographer. This whole wedding planning has given me a whole new appreciation and respect for women who plan a wedding and actually pull it off. It's funny (or humbling) because I used to think "I know exactly what I want for my wedding...." Now I'm like, "this is only gonna happen once, better not screw it up!!" I think the key is going to be remember that it's a marriage that I'm preparing for, that having one shade of purple rather than a different shade won't make any sort of difference at the end of the day. It won't matter what party favors there were, but rather the people who came to support us. I'm preparing to spend the rest of my life with someone, to have and to hold. Regardless of the colors and despite the stress that is inevitable, the wedding day will be wonderful, but it doesn't have to be the most wonderful day of my life; all it has to do is mark the beginning of some of the most precious years to come. 


1 comment:

  1. Excellent post Nikki. If I can do anything to help you and Matthew, let me know. BTW, you're completely right, in the end nothing matters, not the color of anything, where anything is, and not even who's there (except you're fiancee of course). I'm going to steal a quote from you and use on my status. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete