08 June 2012

the firsts of ten thousand

I've looked and looked but for the life of me I can't find the website, or rather the web page again. I was just skimming through the links that had been generated by Google and one sentence stood out to me, like it was in bold, uppercase letters. It read something along the lines of "Don't worry about being a professional; focus on being a photographer, and maybe the professional will come later."  I've been chewing on it every since. You see, for a while now,  I'd lost sight of that conviction. My mind was on starting a company, not developing the art, the heart of the business. According to Malcolm Gladwell, author of Outliers, anyone who wishes to master anything; the arts, sports, a trade, use of technology, must devote ten thousand hours to it. That is at least ten thousand photographs, if not twenty or thirty thousand. So, here are my first of ten thousand.

No comments:

Post a Comment