13 May 2011

Family Resemblance

I feel like whenever I go to Jackson, I hear "Oh, your Emmy's (or Beth's) sister? Y'all look just alike!"And yeah, it bugs me.

When we were little, Beth and I would dance to the song "Sisters" from the movie White Christmas. We would wear the poodle skirts our Mum had made for us for the Sock Hop, a dance at the elementary school we attended. Beth's was blue, and mine was pink. We shared a room for a number of years, and then when she turned 10 (I think it was then), she moved into her own room, and Emmy moved in with me. When each had our own twin sized bunk, but there was a time (a rather long time) where she and I would sleep in the same bed. At heart, we're both cuddlers.

Whenever people would say that we looked alike, it'd drive us nuts and I'd be thinkin' are they blind???  Beth has ridiculously gorgeous, thick, straight hair, clear blue eyes, and a fairish complexion, a quick wit and sassy personality. Emmy has hair that is just as gorgeous and straight and thick and Beth, but in a very different color....heck, the girl gets naturally perfect blond highlights in the summer! Her eyes are brown and she is disgusting good at school, especially math and science which at times makes me wonder if she really is a Robertson. I'm the shortest, which is something that Emmy enjoys reminding me of. My hair is curly and usually rules me rather than I ruling it. When I was little, I longed to trade my green eyes for blue or brown, (I was sure anything was better than green) and my curly hair for the stunning locks of my sisters.

I had a blast taking pics of Beth and Emmy a few months ago, and this past year a friend of ours, Lindsey Scott took the photo of me.

Looking at photos of us, I still don't see a lot of resemblance. It really doesn't matter though, and looking at pictures makes me see that it is such a complement to hear that I look like them. They are so beautiful, and I am so blessed.

1 comment: