27 July 2011

Creative vs. Counterfeit

If you find yourself asking yourself (and your friends), “Am I really a writer? Am I really an artist?” chances are you are. The counterfeit innovator is wildly self-confident. The real one is scared to death.” - Steven Pressfield


I love this quote. I constantly question, where am I going with this? What am I doing? Should I be pursuing a "real" degree? What does it mean when I shoot two hundred photos, and don't really like any of them? Are the photos I'm taking really art or, am I just so obsessed with it wanting to be art that I try too hard to make it art when its not supposed to be, when it isn't? How do I know if the work I'm producing is good? Why can't it all just be objective rather than subjective? It's ok though, I just have to keep shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment