16 June 2011

A Wonderful Change of Plans

When I was seven, I knew that I wanted to be a gymnast. No one was cooler or more talented than them. At thirteen, I was sure the I was supposed to be a fashion designer; that way, I would always look perfect. At sixteen, I was preparing for a degree in nursing. It was, without a doubt, the most logical thing to do. At 17, weeks before my high school graduation I found the perfect career: architecture, the ultimate combination of art and practicality.

At fifteen my plans were to get into some amazing college, OUT of Mississippi, work hard through some impressive degree program and then conquer the world, travel the globe, and have an amazing career all by 25, all done without a husband. I wasn't going to be one of those girls who went to college to get an MRS degree. I was never going to be a teacher, or do anything related to education.

At nineteen, I have changed majors from architecture to art, then out of art and moving into some sort of education, and I'm still not exactly sure what I'm going to end up with. At  nineteen I got engaged, and I will be married before my twenty-first birthday. State wasn't the wonderful college I anticipated going to, but it has been wonderful for me, the degree dilemmas where never in my plans, I have yet to travel the globe (although I have been to Australia three times), and as for the career.......yeah, well.... Clearly, my life is not panning out as I thought it would, as I thought it should, and Thank You Lord that it hasn't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment